Help surprise Dan for his 50th birthday
People all over the world will photograph themselves holding a sign with one word, which will be combined into a birthday story sent to Dan Ariely for his 50th birthday, this April 29th
If you decide to help, you’ll contribute a photo of yourself (to this page) holding a sign to complete the message for Dan.
Rules of the Game:
- Don’t tell Dan. This is a surprise!
- Don’t tag Dan or bring this to his attention in any way
- If Dan asks about this project, change the subject immediately. Some suggestions: “How’s that hike going?” or “Have you heard about [insert current event here]?” or the always-reliable “Do you know any jokes?”
- Do NOT tell Dan
How it Works:
- Go to the submission page here: http://happy50thbirthdaydan.advancedhindsight.com
- Click on the “generate word” button, and your word will appear
- Choose whether you want to print the word out or write it yourself
- Take a photo of yourself holding your sign, upload your photo, enter the word and your name (if you’d like)
- Submit your birthday gift to Dan!
- Encourage all your friends, family, coworkers, and acquaintances to help out, and check back frequently to see how many words have been submitted
- Watch the completed video on Dan’s birthday, April 29th
Submissions will be accepted until April 25th. After that, we will not be able to accept submissions because we need some time to put the video together.
Thank you so very much for your help. There is literally no way that we could do this without you. You are the honey to our tea, the moon to our stars, the flame to our candles. Because of you, Dan will wear a smile from ear to ear on his birthday. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
The doting members of the Center for Advanced Hindsight